Saturday, April 22, 2017

A Year After College

It's hard to believe it's been a year since I walked across that stage to accept an empty diploma cover. Even harder to believe that it's been over 6 months since I wrote on here last. I can't say it's been an uneventful year, but definitely an adjustment.

Back in college, life was simple. Wake up, go to class, work on projects, eat in the dining hall, socialize with residents, plan events, stress about classes, go to bed, and repeat the next day. Adulthood isn't nearly as predictable.

In the last year I started a job at a corporate portrait studio, realized I hated it, searched for a new job, found a new job, moved in with Ian, bought a car, and got a cat.

His Name is Tobias (Toby for short)

It's been a good year. A different one, but a good one. I'm still getting the hang of this whole "adulting" thing. A lot of it is new, like car payments and whatnot, but so far I'm not doing too bad.

To all my friends and peers out there who are graduating this year, Congratulations. You've worked hard to get here and I know you'll do amazing things from here on out. Be warned though, while real life may not be as stressful as having four finals and three research papers all at once the things you do start to matter. Credit scores and debts galore. Keep your people close because they will love you and support you through it all.
Good Luck,
Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment